The small street is lined by the opulent villas of the new, or perhaps, not so new rich, some beautifully restored, some ugly modern condominiums, and other buildings of uncertain purpose. Liebermann Villa, built in 1909, was the summer residence of the painter Max Lieberman (1847-1935) and his wife Martha. The beautiful garden, destroyed after the war, has been carefully reconstructed, and the main features, so often painted by the artist, recreated. The front lawn offers a magical vista toward the lake. The first floor of the house, which includes the painter’s atelier, hosts regular exhibitions, currently a comparative study of Max Lieberman’s and Paul Klee’s visions of gardens.
The villa has been open as a museum since 2006. Renovation and maintenance of the house and garden are the work of the Max-Liebermann-Gesellschaft, founded in 1995.
All photos ©2018 Honoré Dupuis
An Ice Age lake, half an hour from the capital city, pristine water, ancient forest, a jewel in this beautiful provinz…
© 2017 Honoré Dupuis
The leafless trees look over the park, serenity reigns. Not quite free of ice, the Havel flows, almost with an excuse: it may be February, but winter is far from over. In the distance, through the mist, one can guess at the Glienicker Brücke, the bridge of spies. Many years have passed since then, since the hideous wall was removed, new trees planted, the park reopened, and the old church finally restored to its simple splendour… (https://ofglassandpaper.com/2017/02/05/a-walk-in-sacrower-schloss-park/)
Photo: alpine flower in Alta Badia, © 2014 Honoré Dupuis